The corridor in the living room is the very first to take on visitors and hosts with weights. Outdoor decor can withstand not only the movement of the feet, the shoeing process, but also bags, bicycles, balls, various toys, not to mention large purchases related to large household appliances or furniture. Therefore, the coating must be durable and durable. Under these characteristics is perfect tile on the floor in the hallway.
Consumers today are offered a wide range of different ideas for floor décor, including several types of tiles. Suitable for laying in the hallway:
- Granite tiles. Made from natural rock granite. Differs in the high durability, wear resistance, is not subject to deformation. Shops offer granite tiles of two types: with a polished (smooth mirror) surface and heat-treated with a textured surface.
- Porcelain stoneware. It has excellent thermal conductivity, is resistant to chemicals, is not afraid of weights, has wear resistance.
- Ceramic. Familiar to all consumers of ceramics with a wide range of ornaments and colors. It has durability, wear resistance, is not afraid of chemical exposure.
- Corkboard. Suitable for decoration of the apartment where allergy sufferers live. The cork tile is not afraid of a mold, rotting, on it the dust does not gather. But under the influence of bright sunlight or heavy objects can quickly lose its appearance.
- Vinyl (PVC). One of the most economical in price materials. Possesses wear resistance, moisture resistance, is not afraid of exposure to high and low temperatures. The strength level is lower than that of granite or porcelain stoneware, but for a long service life it is quite suitable. It has a wide range of colors and ornamental solutions.
- Modular laminate. According to the characteristics does not differ from granite, porcelain stoneware and ceramics. It is also resistant to various kinds of deformations and impacts.
For hallways in apartment buildings, you can opt for ideas with corkboard, vinyl, ceramic tile and laminate flooring. Laminate and ceramics are also suitable for the private sector, as well as granite and porcelain stoneware.
Laminate in the hallway
In the role of floor decor, the laminate has firmly taken the leading position. A wide range of colors, consumer characteristics and availability of installation helped this material to take the lead. If we also take into account the ratio of price-quality-use in the interior, then no decor can match the laminate.
When choosing laminate flooring, several factors should be considered:
- the presence in the house of small children who go out for a walk in a carriage or with a small bicycle;
- the presence of animals in the house;
- heaviness of corridor furniture;
- the presence of flooring over the floor decor;
- availability of sports equipment;
- the presence of shoes with sharp and metal heels;
- likely severity that may be in the corridor.
Use of porcelain stoneware
Ideas for finishing the corridor with stoneware on the floor emphasize the luxury of the interior. This material for strength, variety of colors and ornaments is suitable for homes and apartments. But for a small square it is better not to use it, because the grace of the stone will not be noticeable. The only exception is the use of porcelain stoneware in combination with laminate or ceramic. In this case, you can trim the space around the door with ceramic granite tiles with an eye to the quality characteristics, and use other material in the rest of the area.
When buying ceramic tiles, many people are tempted to buy the same material on the floor and on the walls. But this should not be done, because the floor and wall decor have a different level of strength. Tiles on the wall can crack on the floor, and the severity of tile for the floor can not last long in an upright position. In retail outlets there are sets, which include wall and floor tiles that have similar patterns and colors.
Types of laying tiles
There are several types of laying floor tiles. The most common:
- Traditional or direct.
- In the form of a Christmas tree.
- With offset or brickwork.
- Laying with inserts.
Direct method or in the form of brick laying is available even for inexperienced craftsmen. Other types require certain skills, and therefore, if necessary, it is recommended to turn to specialists so as not to spoil the material.