The ceiling with beams is a beautiful and stylish spectacle. Of course, in a typical apartment such a design is difficult to implement, since the height of the ceilings does not always allow this technique. But here in a country house or in an apartment of an individual modern layout of a beam on the ceiling - it is quite possible to design the space. The article will look at the features of this technique in interior design, its advantages, and in which rooms of the house the installation of beams is most justified.
What are the main advantages of interior design with ceiling beams:
- This finish gives a feeling of security and comfort. Powerful suspended beams are associated in the subconscious with security, so in such an interior it becomes calm and secure.
- Beams optically change the interior. The room becomes smaller and squat. But at the same time it expands visually. Such a false illusion can be purposefully and usefully used in the design.
- Ceiling beams are the main focus of the room design. They attract attention to themselves, being the basis of the composition. And painted in bright colors, can become a real art object.
- With some simple skills, it is completely under the power to arrange the room with beams with your own hands.
When appropriate beams on the ceiling
Consider the main cases where design with ceiling structures is justified:
- In country houses beams are present in any case, because they are the main part of the ceiling. However, they are often hidden behind plasterboard partitions. But if there is a desire to make a ceiling with beams with your own hands, then you can simply not hide the natural overlap - and make a beautiful ceiling in the kitchen and in the bedroom.
- If the design project involves strict adherence to a specific style, which uses ceiling elements. It could be country style, shebik chic, country style. In these directions, beams on the ceiling are most common. For them, usually used light color paint. Especially beautiful is the bedroom and living room in these styles.
- Ceiling designs can successfully hide some flaws and flaws in the layout. For example, if you close beams with ugly and uneven joints of plasterboard parts, then the finishing of the room is much simpler.
- Communications can be placed in beams. For example, electrical wiring and even drain pipes. The decorative lighting built into the ceiling structures also looks very nice. Moreover, the backlight can have a variety of options: different colors of light bulbs and the design of the compositions themselves can be used.
- Various decorative elements of the interior can be attached to the beams - for example, lamps, various decorative trinkets, paintings and even televisions. And in the kitchen, dried herbs will look interesting on the beams.
What materials are most often used for the manufacture of decorative ceiling beams:
- Tree. This is the most popular material for the manufacture of beam structures in the interior. This is not surprising, because it is the most traditional and easy-to-process material, eco-friendly and beautiful. The downside is that the wooden beams on the ceiling are expensive, because you need high-quality wood that has undergone special processing. The most commonly used variants are softwood, but in a rustic style you can also see a design with hardwood designs. For kitchen wood is the most popular material, the most safe and non-toxic.
- Metal. Artificial metal elements (usually light aluminum) are used in interiors with a modern slant. For example, finishing in high-tech, loft, industrial style is such ceiling structures. Often they are attached fixtures, also made in the appropriate style, sometimes with their own hands. A bedroom with such modern elements looks especially beautiful.
- Polyurethane. Modern artificial material, lightweight and convenient to use. Properly treated, polyurethane can reliably mimic any surface, from wood to stone and metal. In addition, its cost is relatively low compared to natural materials. This makes it possible to "turn around" when planning the design of your interior. You can choose any style and not worry that you will not be able to pick up the corresponding beams on the ceiling under it, their color or texture - false beams can imitate any kind of surface.
What factors do you need to build on when choosing ceiling beams for your interior:
- Be sure to consider the size of the room and the height of the ceiling. In small and low spaces, for example, in a narrow corridor, the use of such structures is undesirable. The room at the same time can become even smaller and lower.
- What style do you use in the interior? Some styles are completely un-designed for the use of ceiling beams. For example, luxurious baroque or pompous rococo will absolutely not look with ceiling brutal structures. The beams are suitable for slightly rough, manly interiors, without pomp, concise and stylish. The color of the room should be close to the natural, natural shades.
- How much can you allocate for the design of the ceiling. From this depends on the choice of material and the number of beams themselves and their placement. If funds are limited, then a false design with artificial polyurethane structures is ideal.
Consider some important features of the placement of beams on the ceiling.
- In country living rooms will look best ceiling elements made of wood. Especially if the rest of the interior is also mostly wooden. Such a room will be warm, cozy, in a similar living room with the pleasure of gathering a family for evening gatherings. The design of the kitchen is also best made wooden.
- In a small apartment it is better to use beams on the ceiling of light material or whitened. The fact is that dark color creates an oppressive, oppressive impression, which is better to avoid. But white designs will fill the space with light and lightness.
- The use of so-called "rustic" elements from untreated wood looks very stylish in the interior, but only if they are in harmony with this interior. For example, if the decoration of the room is made in the sea or in the style of a chalet.
- If you make decorative beams on the ceiling of the same material as the furniture in the room, it will create a harmonious picture.
- Ceiling designs look great if you finish them bedroom in the attic. The uneven ceiling in this case will only emphasize the relevance of their use.
- The snow-white ceiling elements look very elegant and airy. Moreover, they are suitable for almost any interior, except for the most decorative, of course. Such color of the design does not make the room heavier, it looks harmonious and stylish. You can paint them with your own hands.
- Ceilings can be used even for finishing bathrooms. But, of course, not typical bathrooms of ordinary apartments. For this purpose, only sufficiently spacious rooms in individual planning houses are suitable. In this case, wooden elements must be treated with a special impregnation, which will not allow the tree to rot and deteriorate from moisture. You can also use polyurethane, in the form of wood or stone, creating an elegant false design. In addition, these structures can be embedded lighting fixtures, thereby protecting the wiring from moisture and short circuit.