The group of materials actively used for paving sites can be divided into two broad categories: natural and artificial analogues. Before you make a choice in favor of one of these types, you need to take into account the purpose of the future coverage, weather and climate manifestations, common in the region, financial capabilities, potential intensity of use, aesthetic requirements.
Artificial coverings include concrete pavement (vibro-pressed or vibro-cast), polymer-sand, granilitic, rubber and rubber tiles. The category of natural paving materials includes granite and wild stone products.
The considered paving stone has the following useful qualities:
- ease of installation - for its installation does not require the involvement of specialized construction equipment;
- environmental friendliness;
- the special design of inter tile joints allows moisture to quickly seep through, that is, water does not accumulate on the surface of the coating;
- paving clinker pavement has advantages such as ease of loading and unloading, the absence of specific requirements during storage, ease of transportation;
- durability and considerable operational resource;
- maintainability - if necessary, the introduction or repair of underground engineering networks, you can quickly remove and replace the stone blocks, as well as to lay only the missing elements;
- a wide range of colors (from red to classic gray) and textures.
Specificity of products made from concrete
The key to the popularity of this variety is not only an attractive performance, due to which the territory of private households and on city streets acquire a noble appearance, weighing advantages are also the relative cheapness and excellent performance properties. Main advantages of such paving stone blocks:
- wear resistance;
- a great resource in terms of seasonal freezing;
- resistance to aggressive chemicals;
- safety for humans and nature;
- ease of installation.
For the manufacture of used two technologies - vibropressing and casting. Since the concrete mix is laid very tightly and a mechanical impact is applied to it, the composition contains little water, and as a result, a sufficiently reliable material is formed. The level of strength of the products in both methods is the same, the differences are only in appearance.
This paving slab is made of medium-grained sand, it also contains polyethylene polymers, dry coloring pigments (of which red is the most popular) and special additives.
Components are mixed and heated at high temperatures. The products are manufactured by vibropressing using automated lines or compact manual machines. The equipment creates high pressure, thereby creating a tile with clear geometric shapes without pores and internal cavities. Compared to concrete, polymer-sand coatings have greater strength.
The specifics of the application of technology granilit
The basis of this technique is vibratory casting, as a result, paving elements of various shapes are formed, with enhanced wear resistance, bending strength, capable of withstanding up to 500 cycles of seasonal temperature drops. Due to the unique aesthetic properties of pavement clinker paving can be used as a decorative design of sites in the private and public segment, in the elements of urban infrastructure. The weight and thickness of paving slabs allow you to achieve a resistant coating for areas with high traffic.
Regardless of what dimensions the cast materials will have, you can get any color range, for example, natural red shades that successfully complement urban architectural ensembles. Products often imitate the texture of natural and artificial materials, in particular, patterns and streaks of natural stone.
This version of paving stones is made of crumb rubber, it is placed on sports and children's playgrounds, recreational areas and areas around the pools. Products can have 1-2 layers, the thickness, on average, varies within 10-20 mm, there are more resistant anti-vandal options, mounted on unprotected territory.
The most popular is paving clinker paving or so-called paving brick - this form allows you to lay out simple ornaments that are easy to combine with other architectural elements.